BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Swear It’s The Truth!!!

The other night I was talking with a dear friend of mine, a woman whom I have loved for over thirty years. As she was getting ready to leave, she looked at me and said “You’re an asshole!”. I looked back at her, giving her a slight smile; and readily agreed with her statement. The truth is the truth. I told her basically that is why she loved me and put up with me for all these years. I have never pretended to be something other than what I am. And I will be the first to admit... I am an ass!

People who know me know, I mean really know me, know when I am lying. And I have tried to pull some whoppers on them too, but somehow they manage to see right through them. So in effect, I have not bothered with lying, but instead went the opposite direction. I speak the truth! Well... most times I speak the truth. It’s this speaking the truth that has labeled me an asshole with a attitude problem. Then again, there are some people who love and respect me for it, at least for being myself. The world, they say, hates a liar, yet we vote them into office every couple of years.

My name is Ray Trower and I am an ass. I am blunt and straight forward. I don’t beat around any bushes and head right to the point for the most part, even in my writing. Call me what you will. It doesn’t matter. What matter’s is how you think of me. You will either love me or hate me, either way you will not forget me.

0 comments: